Sunday, September 7, 2008

Parker's First Day of School

I have always wondered how I would feel when Parker started school. Chris and I were talking about it a few days ago and we were trying to picture him at school in certain situations. Say for instance, he is on the playground and has to use the restroom. We do teach him manners, but little 3 year old boys sometimes tend to "pick a spot in the grass."Granted, this is pre-school, and he's only going twice a week, but it still brings a string of emotions. Since his Mimi and Nana have kept him since he was 6 weeks old, this will be a new experience for us all. His only experience with a classroom type setting with other children is Sunday School, but he's only there 2 hours once a week. We chose to let him start school this year so that he has something that is "his" and has nothing to do with his little sister who will be here before we know it. He's so excited to meet Reese, but inevitably, there will be transitions and change along the way. Also, it's never too early for children to begin working on their social skills. He's around adults so much that we want him to associate and learn alongside other children. 

I wrote the paragraph above yesterday, so that I would have a jump start on it for today. Parker did great at school, which is such a relief for us.  When I was dropping him off  there was a little girl in front of him who started bawling. I thought, oh great.....but, he just looked at me and said, "Mommy, hold me." Once we were in his classroom, he spotted the toys and a friend of his from down the street. Not a tear from either of us! :) Below are some pictures from his big day.



Parker's first project for school. He had to make this
little man look like him. He painted everything, and
I cut it out.



Close up of his art project. Parker was wearing his Romo
jersery, so we made his little man look like a Cowboy. 
Chris and I were discussing what we could do for the nose.
Parker took the black marker, and just drew one in.
So cute!



Parker and Mommy


Got my keys and backpack. I'm ready to go!!!


Do I have to carry ALL of this? Of course he didn't, but I
thought it would make a cute picture. He's holding his
backpack, napmat and lunch box.



Parker and Mimi before going to school.


Reese update - I went to the doctor today, and everything looks good! Reese was moving around while they were trying to get her heart rate, as usual. She's already such an active little girl! We can't wait to meet her. We finally finished her nursery, so I will include some of those pictures as well. 



Reese's nursery


Chris and I made this for her room. We thought
it turned out so cute.


I wish you could see the detail up close, it's 
amazing. Chris made these letters from scratch all
by himself. What a sweet daddy! :)




5 comments:

Kristen said...

What a big boy Parker is now! He looked so cute all ready for his first day of school. Sounds like he did great too!

Reese's room looks GREAT!! It is so precious - I love the colors. And way to go Chris on the cute letters! We can't wait to meet her!

The Pursifull Family said...

AHHHH! What a big boy. I cannot wait to get together again. He looked so cute!!! I am so glad he did good. I knew he would!

I love Reese's room. Y'all did a great job and I love the furniture! The paint colors look great. I cannot wait to see it in person! Chris-what can I say, what a sweet guy and a lucky little girl.

sarah s said...

Parker looked so cute on his first day of school. I loved the gingerbread man!
Reese's room looks so good. I love the letters and the art work. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Her nursery is ADORABLE!! So cute!
Parker looks so grown up, i just cant get over it. I remember when you were pregnant with him :)
I am proud of you for not crying, not sure i would have been able to hold it together (i am pretty sure i will lose it when the day comes). LOVE YOU GUYS and miss you lots. I loved seeing you yesterday, i cant wait to come meet Reese (when your ready for visitors of course :)) She has four friends waiting for her

Anonymous said...

I keep checking on you to make sure Reese hasnt made her appearance yet :) How are you feeling?